Are you looking to start crossin' people up like Iverson? Kidzworld's got the 411 how you can master the crossover!
Crossover - A Powerful Move
The crossover dribble is one of the most deadly moves in the game. If you can perfect it you will be able to lose your defender so fast that they won't even realize what is happening. It is also a good way to create your shot off the dribble. This move is also one of the most spectacular plays in all of basketball. Fans ooh and ahh every time a player successfully accomplishes this move. Some of the NBA players with the best crossovers are Jamal Crawford, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Baron Davis and of course Allen Iverson.
Crossover - Steps
- Dribble the ball with your dominant hand.
- If you catch your defender off-balance or leaning, start making your move.
- If you are right handed, fake as if you are going to drive right. Remember to sell your fake by also lifting your right leg as if you were ready to start driving right.
- As the defender leans with your move, make a quick crossover dribble from your right hand to your left hand.
- Remember to stay low to the ground and make sure the ball is below your knees when you make your crossover.
- If done correctly, you will have lost your defender and will have a clear path to the basket or a wide open jump shot.
Crossover - Tips
Although it might sound easy, a crossover dribble is harder than it looks. If you are not good at it, you will either dribble the ball off your foot, have the ball stripped by the defender or your opponent will not budge. You must be a good dribbler who can handle the ball with both hands. This requires you to practice not only the crossover dribble but general dribbling drills. Spend 20 minutes a day of dribbling the ball with both hands. The better control you have of the basketball the easier it will be to cross people up!
Всегда есть какой-то выход. Наконец он заговорил - спокойно, тихо и даже печально: - Нет, Грег, извини. Я не могу тебя отпустить.